Implementation Setup for PFM Reforms July 2018 – June 2023
The framework for implementation of the agreed reforms hinges on interaction of the key stakeholders including Government ministries, departments and local governments, development partners and civil society.
The key arrangements include:
- The Public Expenditure Management Committee (PEMCOM) – to provide high level policy guidance and control of the PFM reforms. This is led by the Permanent Secretary/Secretary to the Treasury together with Development Partners and Civil Society.
- PFM Reform Clusters – Set up for each strategic objective of the reforms to manage sequencing, prioritization and coordination of all reform interventions – thereby focusing PEMCOM dialogue.
- Technical Working Groups – set up under each cluster to deepen thematic discussions and harmonize implementation on specialized areas within the strategy. These work groups feed the Clusters with technical advisory.
- REAP Funding Partners Committee (FPC) – to provide a forum for dialogue between budget-support funding partners and GoU on the REAP Programme.
- PFM Reforms Secretariat – to support the Government Task Manager for coordination of resources and strategic actions for implementation of PFM Reforms, as well as any other support for management of Government projects and programmes such as the REAP programme. It is also Secretariat to PEMCOM.
- DPs; and
- Civil Society (CSBAG)
PEMCOM Cluster 1: SUSTAINABLE RESOURCE MOBILIZATION
- Director, Economic Affairs
- Commissioner General, URA
- Director, Debt & Cash Policy
PEMCOM Cluster 2: PLANNING, BUDGETING & PUBLIC INVESTMENTS MANAGEMENT
- Director, Budget
- ED, National Planning Authority
PEMCOM Cluster 3: ACCOUNTABILITY SYSTEMS & COMPLIANCE
- Accountant General
- PS/ Ministry of Public Service
- Internal Auditor General
PEMCOM Cluster 4: LG PFM FOR SERVICE DELIVERY
- PS/Ministry of Local Government
- Secretary/Local Government Finance Commission
PEMCOM Cluster 5: OVERSIGHT AND GOVERNANCE
- Auditor General/Office of the Auditor General
- PS/Ministry of Public Service
- Clerk to Parliament
REAP Funding Partners Committee
- Deputy Secretary to the Treasury
- Basket Partners (Todate includes: European Union; KFW; DANIDA; Government of Uganda)
PFM Reforms Secretariat
- Reforms Coordinator
- Under Secretary/ MoFPED